Friday, March 27, 2009

The Dinosaur Birthday Party

As we prepared for Adam's birthday party I was still feeling bad that we never found time to have a friends party for Nicholas. Then it occurred to me that everyone we were planning to invite to Adam's party (Mostly homeschool friends) would have been on the list for Nick. There were only a few friends from Nic's primary class that we would have liked to invite, but we had to keep the party to 12 kids. I figured it was better than nothing....so we made it a joint birthday for the two boys.
The party started out with a Dino Egg Hunt. The eggs were filled with little squishy dino toys, and chocolate eggs, Egg shaped bouny balls, and dino stickers.


The kids played Crack the Egg on the Trampoline.

We did Dino Sand Art

We played Hatch the egg...with Balloons. The hardest part was getting the little plush dino's inside the balloon before the party.


All the kids got to dig for Dinosaur bones in the sand.

The Cake was lots of fun for me! It was time for the party and the cakes had barely had time to cool. I was quickly throwing it together as people were showing up. The kids thought it was great...and that's all that matters =)Nicholas liked it so much...after everyone had eaten cake he played in it. Needless to say we threw that part out. He had a blast!

After the Party everyone stayed and played for quite a while. I think that might have been the most fun of all. We're so thankful for good friends.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I think you need to make my girls cakes, I am not that good....and what great ideas of things to do. I love to keep up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you are the Best (get it?) mom in the whole world! Hiram got 3 presents and no friends for his birthday. Maybe when he is 5 I might be brave enough to have guests.

    ReplyDelete