Every fall the SW Florida Symphony Youth Chorus has a Recital Night where the all thekids can can sing a solo. It's a night to show off your talent and it's also an audition for solo opportunities later in the year.
Elisabeth has been looking for and listening to songs since summer; trying to find the perfect song. This is what she finally settled on. Although, now we've found a whole list of songs she'd like to learn to sing. There's so much great music out there.
This is a traditional Irish song that we saw Charlotte Church sing. It's called Carrick Fergus.
The piano player left out the interlude between verses, which threw her off a bit, but she just jumped right back in and kept going. She was also just getting over being sick and was afraid she would have to cough or clear her throat in the middle of the song. But thanks to mucinex , saltines, and cough drops she made it through just fine.
Carrick Fergus from Michelle Best on Vimeo.




Libby, that was so beautiful. Your beautiful, you're voice is beautiful, and I'm so proud of you that I cry when I hear you sing. Your voice continues to get stronger and better every day. I miss you guys, and I'm glad your Harry Potter party went so well. I hope you had a great birthday.
ReplyDelete