Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Performance on the 12th


It's been a crazy CRAZY week. But there's always a pay-back for all the hard work. Since my last post (Elisabeths Oliver performance), we've been going non stop. Actually things were crazy before then. I was recently put in a new calling at church. I'm in the Relief Society Presidency. I'm the Second Counselor, which means (among other things) that I'm in charge of the activities. My first big thing was the Christmas Party. So I had some crafts, and decorations, and food to sort out. Luckily I had help. At the same time I was preparing for Christmas performances. I needed to make Ballet Skirts, and Snowflake wands, and finish Choreographing....you get the picture.

It turned out the Party had to be on a day that Elisabeth had a dress rehearsal, and performance at Barbara B. Mann, with the symphony. This made for a day of non-stop go go going! Jon took her to her performance, and I got to go the next night. Phew! That was tough, but we made it through.


Sunday was Church and all was well...then that night Sarah threw the Hamster ball at Adam, and it hit him in the face. His recently restored, chipped, tooth, was re-broken. No problemo...we happen to have dental checkups the next day!

Monday, we go in for Dental Checkups and hooray hooray no Cavities for all 4 kids. However, they cannot fix Adam's tooth that day, we have to come back tomorrow. And they will begin the process of getting Adam into Braces, so that tooth won't keep breaking. So we rush home to have Homeschool Chorus and Ballet at out house. Then it's time for dinner and bed.

Tuesday: We're back at the Dentist. Along with Adam's two procedures, they put Sealant on Sarah's new Molars. Then we eat lunch and rush off to sing with our friends at the Ring and Sing for the Salvation Army. We saw soooo much money donated. It was great! Then it was time to clean up Elisabeth, feed her and rest her voice for a bit, because she had to sing with the Youth Chorus at the Holiday House in Fort Myers....I forgot my Camera=(. Elisabeth was given a last minute Solo...she pulled it off quite well. And I was able to help our pianist with his music when it was trying to blow away. Finally off to bed.

Wednesday: Guess what?! We're back at the Dentist/Orthodontist for a consultation...to tell us what they want to do for Adam and how much it will cost. Then Lunch and Gymnastics, then off to the Cape Coral Hospital to sing to the patients with some more HomeSchool friends. We love seeing their faces light up as we pass by their rooms singing and waving. Then off to home and dinner and bed. I didn't feel very well, so Jon and the kids made dinner. Thank you!



Thursday we got everything ready for out Christmas Show Dress Rehearsal. Then we took some school stuff with us to our NEW library. It was soooo cool. We loved it and we actually got some school done.

Then we were off to our dress rehearsal. Elisabeth was supposed to go to ballet after that (at 7:30) But we decided to go home cook a nice dinner and spend some family time with Daddy. It was nice.

We didn't go ANYWHERE on Friday. There was more than enough to do at home =). Well actually Elisabeth did. A friend of ours was donating platelets at the Hospital and Elisabeth went with her to take care of her small children in the waiting room. Everyone got their showers and I put the girls hair in braids and/or curlers. Sarah's hair never curls well, or lasts for more than 15 minutes but this time it did. It turned out great!


SATURDAY!

I was up at 6:30 to run some last minute errands. Unfortunately for me Target doesn't open until 8:00...who knew! So I had to go somewhere else first. And then I had to pull everyone together and pack up all our props and costumes again and we were eating lunch in the car on the way to the performance. It was fun and went very well.
Right after the show we went to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop, and carol around the other shops and eat dinner with our friends. It was a long night but the kids had a lot of fun.




Here are some video highlights from the Show. I'll post more later.

2 comments:

  1. You are one busy woman, but your kids are so talented. I just wish you lived closer to help us out and get my kids involved...I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me feel like a slacker. My kids are younger so they don't have as many things going on, so I will probably be in your shoes in a few years. I managed to get most of my gifts done only to add to the list. Why do I go to so much trouble? Wish we could see all the fun performances. Best of luck with the dentist.

    ReplyDelete