So far August has been full of days that are either lazy or crazy! The kids have done a bit of school here and there. Elisabeth finished reading Harry Potter 6 well before the movie came out in July. And now she's nearly finished with #7. She has a whole line up other books she wants to read next. Adam just finished up the first book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Now he's decided to start reading Percy Jackson.
They've all done a lot of swimming! Sarah can now tread water and swim a fair distance in deep water by herself!
While they swim, play games, and watch movies...I have been trying to get organized for the school year. I've printed up schedules and worsheetse, organized binders, and bookeshelves. I've even completely reorganized rooms and furniture! I think we are as ready as we'll ever be to start school next week.
One of our crazy days was a field trip with our friends the Shiffli's and their cousins. We went on a real train ride. It was the Seminole Railway. Nicholas was the biggest fan, but I think they all had a great time. Then we all went to Mcdonalds together, and then raced off to gymnastics.




No comments:
Post a Comment