Well...today is the first day of the new year. I'm not much of a night owl, so staying up past midnight isn't usually my cup of tea. But we had so much fun I actually manged to stay awake to ring in the new year. Of coarse now I'm exhausted, but that's okay. Today is a lazy day!
I don't think it will get the year off to a lazy start. =) Actually, it felt like the new year to me, all week. December is so crazy for us that school work usually takes the back burner. But, on Monday we started afresh. We got back in to the routine of being productive, learning a lot, staying on task and getting things accomplished. It felt really good! That was a great start to the new year...even though it was officially still 2009.
As I reflect back on this past year I feel grateful. Grateful for my friends past and present, grateful for my family, near and far. Grateful for the freedoms we enjoy, food to eat, books to read...and so much more.
As I look forward to the new year I am filled with a sense of hope. Hope that I will be better, and the the world in general will be better. I am feeling a greater need to do good....somewhere some how. If we all just do a little good, that will quickly add up to a lot of good. I am inspired when I hear or read about others who are making the world better in big and small ways. I want to do more than I have before. I will start by being a better mother and wife, and branch out from there.
Here's hoping we can all work together to make it a Happy New Year.




Wow. I just posted my motto for the year. It's to do better. What can I say, great minds think alike. By small and simple things shall great things be brought to pass. May your year be bright with hope and light.
ReplyDelete