Friday, January 15, 2010

Time for Tea.

One of Sarah's Christmas presents was this little set that makes cakes, cookies, etc. It's been a big hit. All the actual cooking is done in the microwave, but the mixing and decorating are done with this cute set. So the kids worked to make this lovely itty bitty cake, and then shared it for a little tea party. They were so cute I had to take some pictures.




Posted by Picasa

Besides making cute tasty treats, we've been keeping ourselves busy as usual. We've really been focusing on getting a good amount of school done everyday. I think we've been making some great new habits. I've been so pleased with our productivity.
We started using a new Math Curriculum. It's called Singapore math...I read A LOT about it and finally decided to go for it. So far we're loving it. We're getting a lot more accomplished because I don't have to sit next to each child the whole lesson. I do my little bit of explaining and they work the the rest of their own, so I can move on to the next child. Before this switch I was really freaking out about how I was ever going to fit in real school time for Nicholas next year...I was barely getting Sarah in there....sometimes. But now things are going much more smoothly.
Hooray for changes that make things better!

1 comment:

  1. I loved being able to bake on my own when I was young. So much fun. The toys are just getting better. Grant's school is using Singapore math. I think it's pretty cool. Being a visual learner myself, it makes so much sense. Have fun teaching.

    ReplyDelete