Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Performances


The night before Opening Day I saw one of the other blond girls with BLACK hair. And I found out that they were having a photo shoot the next day, right after the show. So the next morning I called the girl's mom to find out what she used. It turns out that sometimes you should NOT ask the 'professionals', and you do NOT always get what you pay for. I ran over to the local grocery store and paid 5 bucks for a box of demi-permanent hair dye. Actually I bought a few boxes. It worked so well that Sarah's hair was now darker than Elisabeth's, and so Libby asked if I could make hers black too. Our bath turned PURPLE! It was awesome.

We snapped a few photo's, put their hair in a bun and dashed off to the Matinee performance. We had to grab some taco bell on the way, but we made it just in time...with food in their tummies...AND with black hair! HOORAY!


And so, our crazy performance schedule began. They perform either the Matinee or Evening Performance nearly every day...with a day or two off here and there. We slick their hair back in a bun with tons of gel and bobby pins. And make sure they have eaten, and drive the 30 minutes to the theatre.
For the matinee's , the boys and I sometimes went home for a few hours, and other times we just ran a bunch of errands. On Thursdays we had to race straight to our Home School Ballroom class. We had to give up sign language, and some of our other activities for now. But we will start back up again when our schedule gets back to normal.
Elisabeth also stopped going to her Ballet class. I'm not sure if she'll start that up again or not. She may decide to take some theatre or voice classes instead. Being in this play has been so much fun she KNOWS she's going to want to do it again, so we may want to put our time and money into things that will help her progress in that area.
This play has such a long run...2 whole months. I was afraid they might get sick of it after the first week or 2. Other than a few complaints when it is time to get ready, it seems they are still enjoying themselves quite a bit.



















The night shows are SO LATE. Luckily Jon get's home in time to stay with the boys and I usually sit in the lobby of the Theatre and read. We usually get home around 11:00.
Sarah always gives me grief about brushing her teeth, because she's too tired. So one night I brought her toothbrush to her bed with baby toothpaste on it so it is safe to swallow. Then I went down stairs to get a drink and when I came back she was fast asleep with the toothbrush IN HER MOUTH! I was cracking up! I had to run and get the camera for that one. Now THAT is tired!














Elisabeth manged to brush her teeth and get her PJ's on, but still she went to bed with her hair in a bun and her make-up on.
The few nights that I actually dropped them off and came home...I was falling asleep and sent Jon to pick them up. We girls are NOT night owls. We like to be in bed at about 9:00. The boys on the other hand, love to stay up late playing video games or watching movies. Even on Show nights we still end up in bed before the boys (excluding Nick of coarse).














To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment