Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Adam Turns 10




What a day! Adam's Birthday was March 13th. He was turning the big 1 0. Because his birthday fell on a Saturday this year he was able to have his friends over on the actual day. Since the girls also had a performance that night, we decided to have a big Family Breakfast, instead of a Dinner. Adam LOVES breakfast foods! We had French toast, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, and eggs! It was delicious...if I do say so myself. And luckily I ate plenty...because that was the last time I would get to eat for many many hours.
Luckily we had been preparing for the party for days, and everything was pretty much ready....except for the water balloons=). After breakfast I went upstairs to take a bath, while in the bath, Sarah brought me the phone....Sarah's counter part in the play was very sick and needed her to fill in for the Matinee Show. And that meant Elisabeth would have to trade with her counter part as well....and that meant that either they would miss the party or we had to move the party.
At first I figured we would have to move it to another day. Adam was so upset. So I started thinking....There would be a window of exactly two hours between the Matinee and the Evening Show...We could just stick the party right in that window.....right? I immediately started calling all the guests to see if they could come at the new time. Everyone was great! I quickly got the girls ready and dropped them off at the show, then came home to finish cleaning and preparing for the party. Jon was working his tail off setting up the pool and cleaning the back yard....then when it was time he took off to pick up the girls.

Soon after he left, our cousins, who had just moved back to Florida (about 2 hours away), arrived. If we hadn't moved the party they would have missed it....and if it wasn't for them, we would have had a truly disappointing amount of water balloons. Thanks Guys! Adam was so glad they could make it.

Jon and the girls arrived right in time for the party. Several people told us that this time worked out better for them than the original plan. The party went more smoothly than any of my party's have gone in years (I tend to plan more great activities than you can possibly fit into one party). We all had a good time and we finished everything before I had to wisk the girls off to do their next show. Adam got to play with his friends, cousins, and his new toys for quite a while after that too. It was a CRAZY day, but it couldn't have gone better. =) I will give all the details of the actual party on my next post.

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely one of those, "We'll look back and laugh," kind of days. You did a great job of juggling everything and keeping a cool head. You and Jon rock!

    ReplyDelete