Friday, June 18, 2010

Bike Ride



I've been thinking for a long time that I really need a way to get some exercise. I miss having family around to walk with, or do water aerobics with. And none of my friends live close enough. But I really didn't want to do this on my own. Then I realized....I don't have to exercise alone...I have kids! And guess what? They need more exercise too.=)

So last week we started on Thursday.
Adam was still sleeping, and Jon needs a bike. So it was just Elisabeth and I, with the two little ones in the trailer.
That's an extra 70 lbs or more I get to pull behind me.

We hadn't gone far at all when my legs started hurting and I thought we'd have to cut our bike ride short. But soon the pain went away, I guess I was just tight. We made it to our goal 2 miles away, and then rode the 2 miles back. 4 miles on our first day! I was proud of us, and it was the perfect distance. We were beat when we got back, but not miserable. We actually felt energized....until later that afternoon when Elisabeth actually took a nap!

The next day Adam came with us. Unfortunately his bike is way to small. So we'll need to get him a new bike. Saturday it was just Elisabeth and I again. Three days in a row! We took Sunday off, and then Monday we were back on track.

Monday was HOT! I was completely drenched by the time we got back. Luckily the pool was up and running, so we cooled off in pool for an hour or so. Unfortunately I ended up with a migraine for the next 2 days! I saw on the news that we were in a heat wave for the whole week. And their ended our bike riding routine...for now. I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on the weather forecast and we'll have to make sure we don't ride on super hot days.

I am not giving up though. We were already getting comfortable with the 4 miles and are ready to up it a bit. I'll have to figure out what I can do inside when it's too hot to ride. But I just can't think of anything as fun as riding my bike. I've always loved the feeling, and I guess I always will.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meesha!

    I know it has been forever long since we have chatted, but I do keep tabs on your blog. I love watching and looking at all of the videos and pics. Your kids are very cute and talented! I sure miss you. If you come out to Utah anytime this summer let me know.

    Love ya,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete