
We began our official school year the first week of August, and we have been going like crazy people ever since. Along with all of our academic subjects that I've already posted. We also joined a cooking class once a month. The girls class is small and I was able to stay and get pics. The boys class was so full; siblings were not allowed to stay and wait. So I took the girls to the near by library, and I wasn't able to get pics of the boys.
The first week they made bread. They ground their own flour and even made their own butter. The girls loved it! Boys and girls alike devoured the tasty bread.
The girls took turn kneading the dough so they wouldn't get too tired. =)
MMmm! Delicious!
They made brownies from scratch in October. Both classes were very full. So I don't have any pictures. While they loved the homemade bread I think the kids all preferred our box mix brownies to the ones made in class.
Mondays are our crazy day! We try to do school in the morning, but mostly we are just preparing for play practice. Right after lunch we race off to begin 3 hours of singing, ballet and scene rehearsals. Don't these boys look like they're having fun?! =)
The kids aren't involved in every aspect of the full 3 hours so they get some school work done in their down time.
Of coarse their favorite part of all is seeing their friends.
The girls seem to enjoy dressing up in their ballet clothes even if people in the library look at them funny or ask questions. We meet at various libraries in the area for our rehearsals. Only one has a stage but they all offer plenty of room to rehearse. We couldn't pull this off without our libraries!
We've been on two big field trips this year. First we went to the Museum of Science and Industry. And a few weeks later we went to the Tampa Aquarium. Also Elisabeth participated in a child Directed play with some of her friends from 'The King and I'. I will post about all of these fun things separately at another time.
Unfortunately the SW Florida Symphony Youth Chorus has had some issues this year and so far they have not set a first rehearsal date. I'm beginning to fear that it just isn't going to happen this year. What a shame! Elisabeth and I are really missing it, and Sarah was hoping to audition. We'll keep our fingers crossed that they will find a new director and begin again. It was such a great opportunity. In the mean time, Elisabeth is taking voice lessons twice a month and we're keeping out selves busy with plenty of other stuff, including scouts, church activities, and plenty of school and chores.




No comments:
Post a Comment