
Elisabeth's Birthday was in two parts. First was the fun with boys and girls. People were shocked that we didn't have a theme....looking back, I think we did. The theme was Balloons! Elisabeth loves balloons and we had a lot of fun with them in different ways.
First we made balloon creations! Everyone had a lot of fun with this. It's kind of addicting! There something so fun about twisting and forming shapes.
Next was a water balloon toss. Elisabeth and her partner won this one! I just love the SPLASH sound when one explodes!
Then all the partners lined up for a race. It was called the Balloon Sandwich. I'm sure you can figure out why.

We thought they might be ready for a little something sweet....so we moved on to the donut eating contest. If I get a chance I'll upload some video another time. It was super funny to watch!
Not to mention a little messy!=)
Then it was time for the kids to get their groove on! We did a dance contest...where you had to dance with a friend on a sheet of paper and not step off.
After each round we fold the paper in half...and so your dance space gets smaller and smaller.
......and smaller!
Throughout the party we had plenty of yummy snack foods...the most popular seemed to be the little smokies. I got the recipe from a friend at church. It consists of little sausages wrapped in bacon and covered in a pile of brown sugar then baked. It is soooooo yummy and so unhealthy it should definitely only be made on special occasions. I can't wait for my next excuse to make some!
Well, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of those...although I have the burn mark on my hand as a lasting memory (I really shouldn't be allowed near the oven...I'm constantly burning myself). But I did get a picture of something else we baked. The kids and I have always wanted to do this...and never got around to it before now. Cupcake Cones! What could be better for a family of kids who are allergic to ice cream!
So the boys ended up....can you guess....in front of a video game of coarse!
The girls took refuge on the swings....
Or in the club house.
Everyone jumped on the trampoline and ran around with balloons and had a good old time. Then it was time for presents.
Phase one of the party was over....time for the boys (and little girls) to go so phase 2 could begin....tune in next time.=)




No comments:
Post a Comment