Monday, January 31, 2011

More fun January stuff!




For weeks I've been thinking something is wrong with blogger, because I can't upload photo's or video....it turns out it was just our wireless internet. So now I know I can only use the computer upstairs to add photo's, not the laptops. So I should be able to update more frequently now that I've figured out my technical problem. =) Here's the last of our January activities...look for February to come soon.

Jon's Brother who lives on the other Florida Coast came out one weekend to visit. We didn't get to see them over Christmas break, because of sickness. So we were glad to finally have them over. We didn't go to the beach or anything! We just had fun hanging out here at the house. The kids played in the yard a little, and upstairs in the play room. But a lot of time was spent on the Kinnect. Even Aunt Elisa and I joined in on a dance off or two. My favorite moment was when we had a whole room full of dancing girls. I thought it was so cute I had to take a video.


One of our home school friends was sick and had to be in the hospital for a few days. We felt so bad, and wanted to do something to cheer him up. There really wasn't much we could do. He just needed rest. But we decided to make him a card. So we hopped online and looked up fun card making projects. And we ran across a fun new art form. Quilling! Well it's new to us anyway. So we made him a card with some fun quilled animals and flowers on it. Everyone helped and we had a good time. I'm sure we'll be doing more.
Since it was our first quilling project I took some photo's.

I finally finished my first Knitted hat. I've made hats on the knitting loom...but this was on real knitting needles. My friend Lisa has been teaching me, and she lent me her magic loop needles. We expected it to stripe...but as you can see in the photo the colors decided to pool instead. I like the pooling affect. I think this is the first thing (knit or crochet) that I have made for myself!
On Jan. 22nd, while the girls were at play practice...the boys had the Pine Wood Derby race at the church. Adam was in the official race, and Nicholas raced an old car we had lying around the house at the open race.
They all had a great time. Adam's car came in 2nd place. He also won most original, and Akeela award for the boy who listens to his father the best. That I believe! Adam loves his dad so much and thinks he can knows everything and can do no wrong.
Nicholas won the Molasses award. His car was the very slowest...he was so proud! =)

That's all for now....February updates coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment