Friday, August 12, 2011

From Oz to Wonderland!


(The girls headed to rehearsal)

The month of April ( and early May) was full of whimsical performances. The girls were both performing in CTW's production of 'Alice in Wonderland'. And...their brothers joined them in a homeschool production of 'The Wizard of Oz'. Both of the show turned out great! And the kids had almost as much fun performing as I did watching. =)


Elisabeth had the lead role in 'The Wizard of Oz'. She loved every minute of it! She very quickly memorized her lines without any prodding from me. Singing the part was no problem, and I loved watching her progress as an actress through this role. She had never had so many lines before. Each rehearsal she got better and better at being animated, and being in character, and speaking loudly and clearly. It was a great experience for her, and I'm so thankful to Liz Brenton for putting this production together for our homeschool kids.


Sarah was a Munchkin....and performed in Lullabye leage. I loved piecing together this colorful costume, and her hair turned out great for the performance! Check out her awesome socks in the cast picture. =)


Adam had two parts. He was the tree that Dorothy picks an apple off of. And he was a munchkin of the Lolli-pop guild variety.

Nicholas was also in the Lolli-pop guild. He was adorable of course. I did have to bribe him with a candybar to get him to participate in rehearsals...but he was quite the ham when it came to the performances. You can see him in the front row with the red striped shirt in this cast photo. (I love Sarah's socks! )


Once that show was over the girls had more performances coming right up! This was their first time working with CTW (Creative Theater Workshop) And they really loved every minute of it!


Both girls ended up with little singing solo's in 'Painting the Roses Red'. The teachers were amazed at the way the girls knew every word to every song so quickly and they would point this out in the middle of rehearsals to all the other kids. And when it came time to assign solo's, they immediately chose the Best girls. I was proud of them.
They also played a lady bug and a bird. There were many 'wonderland creatures'. They happened to get just the ones they would have chosen.



....And here they are as school girls in the first scene. The little girl on the right ended up becoming one of Sarah's best friends. They were adorable together.....holding hands and skipping, and playing hand clapping games (I can't think of the right word for that right now). Anyway, it's too bad she lives all the way out on Sanibel island. They really loved being together.

We will definitely be doing more productions with CTW in the future. The teachers are great with the kids and they put on a mighty fine show!


No comments:

Post a Comment