Friday, April 16, 2010

Star Wars Party

For the Ultimate Star Wars Party, you must begin with a water noodle, and some duct tape.
Cut the water noodle in half, and go crazy with gray black and silver duct tape!
This is what we did the week before the party. It was fun! Although I did manage to cut myself pretty bad 2 or 3 times =) Happily none of the kids cut themselves.

So here are the details of Adam's 10th Birthday Party.

When the kids first arrived they used Side Walk Chalk to draw an enemy fleet of Star Ships on our drive way.



Then it was time to destroy the Enemy Fleet... with water balloons. They really got that drive way clean!



Their next task was to cross a lake of lava. It was a close race!

Our young Jedi's were ready to move on to Light Saber training. They began by chasing bubbles all over our yard and into the surrounding fields.

The object of the next game was supposed to be to pass a balloon back and forth with your partner, using the light sabers, and see which team could keep theirs up the longest. Well, the wind immediately took off with the balloons. So, the game changed very quickly.


They were rewarded with a light saber-ish Popsicle. Mmmm!

Next they tried their shooting skills...knocking down action figures with a Nerf gun. When it wasn't their turn they had no trouble finding fun things to do...mostly they beat each other with the light sabers. I am happy to report that not a tear was shed...not even one frowny face. Kids seemed to know who was in their league, and didn't hit anyone else.

Then it was time for cake!

...and Presents!

The highlight of the party took place after the cake and presents...an impromptu fight of kids against the dads (Jon and his brother). This went on and on and everyone had a BLAST!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna be ten and come play at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best ideas. Where do you find them? I wish I was as creative as you. I can't even get a cake to turn out, let alone a fun party.

    ReplyDelete