I've been feeling the crafty bug lately and have been learning a few new skills, and brushing up on some old ones. I can't explain why but I REALLY do enjoy crocheting! There's just something about creating something with some string and a hook. And it's quite relaxing. I've had a few baby shower gifts to put together and that got me researching new fun things to make. The baby hat above is a slight variation of some that I saw online. They were so cute I had to make one . Luckily I have a friend expecting a little girl...and she just happens to love putting big flowers on her little girls heads...so I knew she would like it.
I also found this fun idea of turning cloth diapers into burp cloths and changing pads. I thought they were adorable and I had to make some. You only need to know how to sew a straight line. That I can do! So even though I don't have babies anymore I can still make cute baby stuff for other people.







A cute bundle for a new baby girl!
And one for a baby boy!
I've been making name plaques for the kids. I still have to make one for Elisabeth and Nicholas. I just mod-podge paper letters and cute stickers onto a wooden plaque that I've painted with craft paint. Fun, fast, and cute!
Elisabeth has also been getting crafty these past few months. Actually, she's always being crafty, but now she's getting older and more talented. She made this bag with very little help from me for a friends birthday!
And then...one day, she decided to make a doll. With no help whatsoever she gathered up scraps of material and other stuff, and made 3 of these cute little dolls. She gave two away to some of her little friends.
I never could have done either of these crafts at her age! She's really getting a head start. By the time she's my age she'll be making fantastic creations that I've never attempted.
I've already got more fun creations on the horizon. I am nearly done making Elisabeths Halloween costume, and I've got more costumes to make for the upcoming play. Also I've been learning to knit from a friend. Look for more crafty posts in the coming months. =)




Beautiful projects! I just love the face of Elisabeth's doll. She seems so friendly and ready to play. The baby cloths are cute too. You can make those with double layers of flannel too. I got several of those in cute baby fabrics. Also matching flannel rice filled boo boo bags. Still have those in the freezer.
ReplyDelete