Okay....so...We had such an amazing summer that it was really overwhelming to think about blogging it all, but I'm just gonna take it piece by piece. We're really fortunate that as home schoolers we can start our vacation whenever we want. So we set off on May 19th and drove a night and a day to get to PaPa and Evon's house in Illinois.
PaPa and Evon are my dad and his new wife. This was our first time meeting Evon. We felt welcome and 'at home' in no time. They live on several acres, and have enough room (and beds) for all of us.
They have 4 cute little dogs which the kid fell in love with...
This one is Baby Girl. Her feet hardly touched the ground while we were there. And the funny thing is...She liked it! She never got sick of being held. Baby Girl and Libby had a special bond...it was love at first sight and it only grew stronger with time. =)
Here's Adam with Diego. This little guys isn't as friendly as Baby Girl, but he just plopped right down on Adam's lap and they were instant friends!
This one is Wicket...like the Ewok. He is getting old and walks like a muscle man and always his his little tongue hanging out to one side. So cute! Their 4th dog is a tiny chihuahua named Dora that was scared senseless by our loud crew. So we didn't see much of poor Dora.
...and 4 wheeler's to ride on...
I'll never forget when Libby crashed into a tree on the 4 wheeler and Sarah who was sitting behind her flew off and landed in the mud. I was right behind them on another 4 wheeler and saw the whole thing. Sarah hopped right up and said "I'm fine!" and got back on. I laughed my head off.
Adam loved driving, he could have done it all day every day! If I remember right ...it was Adam and I who got stuck in a huge mud pit after fishing in the lake on their property. Luckily my dad wasn't too far behind and he was able to get us out. Saying we got muddy was an understatement. =)
...and guns to shoot...
and we saw humming birds, turkeys, deer, and even lightning bugs (or fireflies). Jon and the kids had never seen those before! It was awesome! Did I mention they fed us amazing meals (not helpful to the waistline), and their house is a veritable Coke museum. The kids thought that was neat...Coke EVERYTHING!
While we were there we visited relatives from my dad's side of the family that I hadn't seen in many years. It was so nice to be with them and reconnect.
We also visited the St. Louis Zoo. It's the second largest zoo in the nation...It was awesome...and exhausting.




No comments:
Post a Comment