Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 2

Utah!

So, after our fun filled stay in Illinois, we were on the road again.  I think the prettiest part of the drive to Illinois was Tennessee.  Going from Illinois  to Utah has some supremely boring scenery...fields and fields of corn...and then the nothingness of the Wyoming wilderness, until you finally get to some mountains...Then you're in Utah!
This was an especially beautiful view as we were driving to one of our many destinations in Utah.

While in Utah we have both my family and Jon's family to see.  We had two weeks to share between the two families.  Instead of doing this chronologically, I'll just post all about one family and then all about the other.  I'll start with my family since our first stop was  at my Mom and Grandma's House.

As you can imagine we were super tired when we arrived.  It was like we'd already had a fun filled vacation and then of course the drive from Illinois was killer.  It takes even longer than the drive from Florida to Illinois!  We were so happy to just veg and and lay around watching movies and chatting with 'The Grandmas' and anyone else who came by to see us.  They were worried that they weren't  'exciting enough' for us.  But they were just what we needed. 


Eventually the kids got a little energy back and they went with some of their cousins to the undeveloped land right across the street from Grandma's House.  They had a blast picking 'flowers' climbing dirt hills, playing hide and seek...


 They even found a nest!

The Grandmas (my mom and her mom)  also have a little dog.  His name is Taco.  Last time we were there (two years ago) he didn't like us much.  But he's much calmer now...and chubbier, and he didn't seem to mind us at all.  Shimmer brought him along for the adventure


Of course we also had to eat out at our old favorite Carl's Jr.  It has a huge indoor playland.  You don't get those in Florida.  The kids played and played while the adults got to sit and chat for a while. Then we gathered them up for this quick shot.  I love how they make perfect steps!


Pictures are something we've always done with the Pypers.  When we lived in Utah we'd get together with them and take pictures for fall, spring, Christmas, and any other occassion we could think of.  So we had a picture day too.








We took a ton!  Until the kids lost their minds.  Then we called it quits.:)

One especially nice day was when all of my extended family got together for a bbq.  Cousins and aunts and uncles all over the place.  I even got to see my little brother Richard.  His work schedule makes him hard to get a hold of.  But I finally got to see him.  




Last but not least...on one of our final days in Utah, we went to Lagoon!  The kids had never been, even when we lived in Utah!  The Pypers were there of course, as well as some of  Elisabeth's oldest and dearest friends.  She grew up  right next door to one and across the street from the other.  They've been separated by years and miles, but their friendship remains strong.  It's so cute!

Sarah went on every scary roller coaster in the park.  And there were some crazy ones!  Her favorite is Wicked...I couldn't BELIEVE she was tall enough to get on it!  Nick also got on some cool rides and wasn't scared of ANYTHING!  Their kid section has some pretty great little kid roller coasters.  Even the big kids and parents like them.  Everyone had a blast!



       Of course I have dozens more photos I could post.  But I think I'll make a slide show of all the pics from out trip and post the slide show for those interested in seeing them all.  These are just a few to tell the story :).  Next up will be our adventures with Jon's Family.



No comments:

Post a Comment