Friday, January 23, 2009

Our Sea World Adventure!



Jon's sister Melissa was in Orlando for work. So we met her there. And, on Monday(Jan 19th) we all went to Sea World Together. My body ached the next day from all the walking (so did Jon's) but we had a great time!



We got there late Sunday night and enjoyed a continental breakfast with Melissa the next morning.



The kids LOVED eating Bagels, Doughnuts, Waffles and Hot Chocolate, which they don't often get at home.



The most amazing thing was when the kids got to feed the Dolphins with Melissa. We had to pay a little extra...but it was worth it. And the most amazing thing of all was...while they were in line Jon and I were waiting right next to the feeding spot and with some patience and some creative "clicking" we were able to get a dolphin to come over to us! It came closer and closer and stared right at us, and then is just came over, at first it looked like it was gonna bite me and I freaked out a little... then it came back and we were petting it under the chin and it LOVED IT! It was just like a puppy...closing his eyes and it eventually rolled over on it's side right on a little shelf on the edge and let us rub his belly. It was just amazing!



Here's Jon with the kids and Melissa. We opted to not get soaked by Shamu like we usually do...it's just not quite warm enough for that=)



Now my turn =) Adam and Libby were being sooo silly! But Nick and Sarah were getting tired and hungry. The park closed at 6:00 and with the help of Melissa's GPS we found a Cici's Pizza. Once their tummies were full we packed up our stuff said our goodbyes and made the 2.5 hour drive back to Cape Coral.


I didn't have any recent pictures, so Jon took this one while we were there. I'm tempted to cut my hair short again...Or should I keep letting it grow out? Any votes out there? Melissa said go long. I hope you all are enjoying the Blog. I'm having a lot of fun doing it, and I know the grandma's like it. Let me know if there's any thing else you want to see or hear about.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog, it is so nice to hear from you. Now I always love looooong hair, so I guess you know my vote. Sometimes I am tempted to cute it, but I just can't do it....one day. thanks for all the pictures. I love dolphins, they are my favorite, and my dream is to swim with them, one day it will happen too, before I die, or steve will just have to throw me in the ocean =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go short, Meesha! It's so fast and easy and cute. Although, you ALWAYS look cute no matter what! We're coming to Orlando in April. Too bad we couldn't coordinate our trips - would have loved to see you!

    ReplyDelete