Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random Summer Fun


Some of our fun summer times are not a big deal, and I tend to skip them as they are 'not worth' an entire post. But really, these are the moments of our lives! So I decided to just put some of our random summer fun moments all in one place. The picture above was taken when we played at the park with some of our homeschool friends whom we hadn't seen it a few weeks....which seems like an eternity when your used to seeing them at least twice a week. It was a hot and humid as usual, but we stayed for 4 hours...everyone had a good time.

This next photo is of Sarah and her adorable cousin/friend ( we've discovered we're like 8th cousins 12 times removed or something like that). Sarah adores her...and I think the feeling is mutual. I couldn't pass up taking this shot as they cuddled on the couch after playing together for hours at our house. For Sarah's first real sewing project she sewed a little pillow and on it she wrote in marker "I Love O" The O is for Olivia of coarse. She gave it to her a few days ago, and I think it will be cherished. =)


Speaking of sewing...I found a fun sewing project online that I wanted the kids to do. So we invited a few of our friends over and had a little sewing class day. I don't know if little is the best word to describe it. We went from 9:30 am until about 5 pm. There was a little goofing off, swiming, computer playing and similar activities mixed in with the actual sewing. The end product turned out wonderful. I was really impressed with how well they did.

Here is a link to the website where I found the project. They have all kinds of kids sewing projects for all ages and abilities. http://www.kids-sewing-projects.com/patchwork-tote-bag.html

The next lovely picture is a little peek at our new neighbor. Isn't he handsome?! We had a wild tree that planted itself next to our water softener and well pump on the side of our house. When Jon cut it back he discovered this guy.

Well, that's all I have time for now. We'll have more Random Summer fun another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment