Monday, May 17, 2010

Beach Day



When the Grandma's came to see us a few years ago, we were new here and didn't know where the good beaches were. So we were not gonna let them go this time without one good beach day at one of our favorite beaches.

Siesta Key has powdery soft white sand. It's my favorite beach of all. It takes a little over an hour to get there. It seemed like we were always either too busy, or too tired, or the weather wasn't quite right. I was beginning to be afraid we would never get them there! Finally we had a free Friday. Jon left work a little early and we had everything ready to go.


We ate some sub sandwiches and chips and soda. The birds of coarse took their share of the food...right off of Grandma Berniece's plate! Daddy and the kids made many sand sculptures as usual.

Talk about perfect timing! We were already past the hottest time of day, so the temp was perfect. People were heading home so we got good parking. And best of all we got to see the sun set.




Here's a little slide show if you'd like to see more fun beach pics.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Grandma's Beach Day 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another digital slideshow by Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the beaches in Florida...looks like the Gulf. I think I need to come visit! ☻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset and pretty pictures. You do have some awesome grandmas. I wish we could make it back to Florida, such a fun place. Are you guys coming out soon??

    ReplyDelete