On Dec 4th we performed our play. This was a first for most of the kids in our Home School Group. We had been rehearsing every Monday since the last week of August. Dancing, singing, learning lines and blocking. All of this through sicknesses, and other bumps in the road. Finally the big day had arrived! I haven't directed a show like this for several years....I forgot how much work it was!
There were some nerves...yes there were. But the scenery was done and working and lovely (Thanks Mary!), costumes were great( Love those crafty sewing moms), microphones were located and functioning (even one cordless mic!) No one was too sick to participate (except my poor Nick, who never did make it on stage, he just lay there all pathetic on my lap or Jon's the whole time). The show was ready to go!
It never could have happened with out the help of sooo many good people. I was proud beyond measure of the way everyone pulled together to make this happen. And not just that, but to make it special and wonderful! Sacrifices were made by all, and together we made something wonderful. I hope everyone there felt like it was worth it in the end.
The show was not the only product of our work. I really grew to know, and respect, and appreciate, and care about so many people, in a way that I hadn't before. What a great experience. I will certainly be posting some video when I get it converted and uploaded.
Adam played one of the 3 scrooges.
Here he is at the end with the Cratchit Family. Elisabeth is Mrs. Cratchit. ( I made the hat and apron the night before this dress rehearsal =)).
Here is Sarah as the Ghost of Christmas past and Libby as a Story Teller.




No comments:
Post a Comment