Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day!



The kids have been planning this Christmas for 2 years...or more.

That is when we heard about the Kinnect...then called Natal. This great gaming system like the Wii but with no controllers! We've been excited for years. We don't even have a wii, we've only played it at other people's houses. But the kids said if we could get this...and one game each...it would be their whole Christmas.

Well, we couldn't wait and we actually bought the Kinnect a month or so ago. But the kids said it would still count. So all they wanted for Christmas was 1 game each. Except for Sarah. She really wanted a doll and horse like Elisabeth's, and it turns out they cost just the same as 1 game. So we said okay.


I made each of them a hat scarf and hand warmers out of the same fleece as their pillows.(See the pic at the top of the post). You wouldn't think we'd need them in Florida....but we'v grown rather wimpy and sometimes we're freezing!

Daddy also got a few online games on a great discount. Here they are playing one of those.

After the actual opening of presents we had some delicious Monkey Bread. It turned out great for my first try!

Everyone played Kinnect games.....and Elisabeth pulled out her old doll and horse to play with Sarah.

The kids received a few stocking stuffers and other small things. Like Moon Dough. Nick loves it!

They got webkinz, and a wireless mouse for each of the big kids, and plenty of chocolate. Later we had some bacon and eggs with hash browns, and played and played some more. Most of us were sick, and we spent plenty of time just laying around and watching movies.

I had also wrapped up some hand me down toys from a friend, that I had saved and hidden. So Nick had a few more things to unwrap and play with!

The kinnect has been a HUGE hit! We have the dance game, and fitness game, and two sports games, and a sonic racing game, and the adventures game that comes with it. When we first got it we were actually sore...all of us, from playing it so much. It's a great work out! And so much fun to do. It's also HILARIOUS to watch. I laughed so hard I cried when Nicholas was doing the hula hoop on the fitness game. Here's a quick video of the last few seconds of his game.



1 comment:

  1. Can I tell you how much I have talked about your last few posts...poor Shawn, he was starting to wonder if I had called and talked to you! Haha, I love all your ideas...I just wished you lived closer! I'm glad to hear how wonderful your holidays were.

    ReplyDelete