Thursday, December 30, 2010

So many Holidays! So little Time!

I think this may be the longest I have ever gone without blogging! Believe me when I say is wasn't because we weren't doing anything interesting. We were doing plenty! And we filled in all the spaces with illnesses, or other fun things like...ROOT CANALS!

So.... although I may have to leave out some of the details, I'm gonna tell myself, that something is better than nothing...and call it good. This is something I've had to come to terms with in many aspects of my life. And while things may not always be a dream come true!.... Still some nice stuff happens. =)

Halloween!


Our halloween schedule was packed! Jon was out of town for most of it. He went to DC for "The Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear".

Libby is old enough to participate in the Youth Program at the church now. One of her First activities was a halloween party, And she won the Best costume prize. She got a wal-mart gift card and bought a little speaker she can plug into her phone when she's listening to music....awesome!

The kids put together a little performance for the nursing home. Here they are out front.
Adam had to wear his old pirate costume because he sang a pirate song. Everyone else is in this years costume. Sarah sang a song from Alice in Wonderland, and Elisabeth sang some Phantom of the Opera songs as Christine Daae. I'll try to post some video later. My camera was having issues however.

We had the Trunk or Treat, and Chilli Cook-off at the church.

We went trick or treating at the Mall with some of our friends. (click to see the photo's larger)

We also met with other friends from our homeschool group for a big party. Jon got was here for that one. I guess you could say the kids started out a little slow (party poopers!)
But eventually they got into the mood and had a blast. The big hit of the night was the game of fear factor!

Yes....that is a diaper....NO!..it's just pudding people!



Elisabeth and Adam each won a prize in the costume contest as well.



Thanksgiving!

Mid November, was one of the worst weeks of my life. I have never been in so much pain....And I've given birth 4 times! The hardest part was that the doctor couldn't figure out what it was. My ear, my jaw, one whole side of my face and neck were killing me! They did however give me some heavy duty pain meds. These only managed to make my life bearable, they by no means gave me any real relief. Finally I figured out that the source of the pain might be a tooth. After a quick call to my dentist, antibiotics were prescribed, and about 3 days later I had some real relief. Then I got in for half of a root Canal. It turns out that was the easy half. A week or so later I went in for the second half...which turned out to be 3+ hours of torture. However, I was much recovered, and able to chew on one side for Thanksgiving dinner, and I enjoyed every delicious bite!

We went to Ryan and Elisa's for Thanksgiving. We stayed for a few days and the kids had a blast. However....the pool was FREEZING! So we decided to hit the park instead. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment